Anyone who knows me, knows that I have 2 absolute favorite “treats” that I CAN NOT live without. They are chocolate chip cookies and donuts. My love for donuts is another topic for a another blog and I could probably go on for several pages. This blog however is dedicated to my love for chocolate chip cookies.
Prior to getting pregnant 2.5 years ago, I had no desire to eat cookies or brownies or anything sweet. When I found out I was pregnant, that all changed. I ate pans of brownies in one sitting (I’m not bragging or anything but that is a pretty amazing task) and dozens of cookies and since then I’ve got a permanent sweet tooth !
My all time favorite treat is a warm, tasty chocolate chip cookie. Over the holidays I found a new favorite recipe ! I generally use the recipe on the bag of chocolate chips and it is good, don’t get me wrong, but this recipe is delicious.
Here it is ..
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 brown sugard
6 TBSP granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add in egg and vanilla extract; mix until combined
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop balls of cookie dough onto sheet, however big or small you prefer.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until golden brown along the edges and on top.
My biggest complaint about this recipe is that it only makes 20-24 cookies. In this house, those are gone in 24 hours !
Here is your challenge for this week: Make these cookies and try to eat just one. I DARE YOU !